Monday, July 5, 2010

Disney World 2010

I know that my blogs are out of order and Disney actually happened in May, but the saying does go: Better late than never (right Sheri? it's been a year since you went and I'm still waiting)

Disney was SOOOO much fun! I really wondered if I'd have fun b/c it was just David and I. I thought I'd really miss on sharing the day with another person other than D. While I did miss that connection, I still had a blast!!

Sylvia's daughter has a house just 20 min from Disney, so on Thursday afternoon, we headed to the lake house. BEAUTIFUL house BTW. Anyways, it was late and almost dark when we got there, so no swimming in the lake for us. Up early on Friday morning to get ready for our Disney day. The weather called for 90's and very humid. We got to Disney just before 9am and there were no lines!! Thank goodness for Disney's Give a Day, Get a Day program because my ticket was FREE!! I had been volunteering at Habitat for Humanity which was a qualifying charity for the free ticketing program.

After a short monorail ride into the park, we got our stroller. I have to say, renting that stroller was the best $15 spent at the park! I hooked the backpack onto the stroller and D climbed in. In the Main Street square there were characters to see. We had a choice of Chip & Dale, Pluto, or Pinocchio and D wanted to see Pluto, but after waiting for 5 min, he was done and wanted to really get into the park.

Our first ride was Splash Mountain. First, was a brief stop to see Donald Duck. The wait times for rides was pretty short - 35min tops!! D wasn't too sure about the ride, but was also a little excited for it. 90% of the ride is fun and cool. The last 50ft drop, D clung to me and didn't like. However, to this day, if you ask him what his favorite ride was, he'll tell you Splash Mountain. After getting cooled off with water (2nd best thing we did that day - get wet in the morning and it keeps you cool for the day). We were off to experience Disney for all it was worth. We rode Dumbo, Its a Small World, Buzz Lightyear, tea cups, Snow White...and the list goes on, but I can't remember. Sylvia had packed us lunch, so we sat in the shade and ate. We shopped, played, and just had the greatest time!!

D fell in love for the first time. Belle captured his heart and the pictures show it. Whoever the woman was playing Belle was WONDERFUL! She made D feel like he was her one and only. He stayed with her the longest out of all the princesses.

At 7pm, Sylvia called and said that she and Dad were getting tired and they were coming to pick us up. I'm sure that D and I could have stayed until the park closed, but it was a wonderful day. Turn up your volume and enjoy the pictures from our day!


No comments:

Post a Comment