Friday, January 23, 2009

Get up! Get out! Fire Fire!!

No, we did not have a fire. I was reading a friends blog about changing smoke alarms and that the whole alarm should be changed every 10 years. I did not know this tidbit of info.

However, I did know that traditional smoke alarms fail to wake children. They respond better to talking smoke alarms - ones which a parent records the message. On average, it takes a child 3 min to wake with a traditional alarm and only 20 seconds with a talking alarm. Precious minutes during a real emergency.

I know that in my next living area, I will be removing the traditional alarm and putting up my own talking alarm in D's room. From the research I did on the internet, these alarms cost only $40-$50. Well worth the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment