Sunday, May 31, 2009

Adenoids are a pain in the neck

No, literally, they are a HUGE pain in the neck when removed. I read about this in the little sheet that the dr. gave us, but GEESH, who knew it would be this bad.

D's at day 3 post op and starting to eat and drinking so much. However, it's the severe pain that he has in his shoulders and neck which are killing him. He's got knots all in his neck and shoulders. He just wants us to rub and rub. Today I tried to take him out for a short period to the play area mall. Within a matter of a few minutes, D was back crying and rubbing his neck. So, a trip to the mall was wasted.

As for him drinking, my wet bed is tell tale to that. Sometime last night he came into my room and asked to sleep in my bed. Anyone who knows me knows that there are only 2 reasons a kid needs to sleep with their parents - they're sick or scared. He's SICK, so in he crawled and kept me awake with his flailing limbs and snoring. UGH! There is another downside because at some point in the wee early hours of the morning, he took off his Pull-Ups and pants resulting in a HUGE puddle on my non-waterproofed sheets and mattress pad. 5:24!!

So yesterday was a wake up call at 5am'ish and today was the same. I may fall asleep in my soup - hmmmmm maybe I shouldn't have soup for dinner. I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of wetted bed. That is never fun. But you're doing the best you can to keep him comfortable, that's all you can do!

    ReplyDelete