Thursday, November 6, 2008

Could have been bad, real bad!

I have/had a dentist appointment scheduled this morning. When the dentist called to remind me of the appointment, I told them that I need a new prescription for my pre-meds. Because of my heart surgeries, I must take an antibiotic premedication prior to the dentist appt.

"we'll call it in" said the receptionist.

After dinner last night, I drove over to pick it up. I went through the drive thru and didn't even look at the bag. Just stuck it in my purse and went home. Right before bed, for some reason, I decided to look at the bottle. Good thing I did. It was Amoxicillin!! I'm totally allergic!

I haven't taken any type of Penicillin since I was 2-3yo, but I don't want to know what would happen if I did. When I was a baby, I'd get hives. Those are not fun, but the pre-meds I take are 2000mg!! OMG! I shutter to think what may have happened.

Thank goodness I decided to look at the label. Always look, people. You just never ever know what may happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment