Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Accident


David and I were in a car accident today. Probably totaled my car. We are fine
and ok. I did not have car insurance at the time - yes yes I know, but I simply
could not afford it for a while. Now that I had eliminated a HUGE debt, it was
on my list of things to purchase on the 1st when I got my check from Matt. Yep,
you heard it right, I had a quote and everything and was just waiting til I had
the money. And YES, I have insurance now.

I ran a red light at Andresen and 25th St. Right by the produce market. I was
lost in thought in my head about things that have been happening lately and didn't
even see the light/intersection. By then it was too late. A Ford Expedition
t-boned me in the front passenger tire area. My tire is bend, shredded,
radiator cracked, hood, fender and bumper are crumpled. And who knows what else
is happening under the hood area once they look at it tomorrow.

The car is only worth $3200-4400 before the accident, so I'll have to decide
what to do after the estimate. The woman who hit me and I have been playing
phone tag all day, so I haven't told her yet that I don't have insurance. No
police are sent to a fender bender accident, so no tickets were issued. I will
have to throw myself on the mercy of this woman and hopefully pay her deductible
(if I can). She was soooo nice! She even took David to the gas station and
bought him an ice-cream. Trust me, I've been crying all day regarding what I've
done and how irresponsible I've been. No need for the lectures, I'm pretty good
at beating myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment