Friday, April 3, 2009

Here's hoping

As many know, I've been looking for a job for months without much success. It's not the greatest time to be looking, but I'm in a HAVE TO situation. I've even swallowed some pride and applied to retail companies - BLAH! It seems that the first couple of weeks in April are IT for me - YAY!! I had a 2nd interview at Kohls today - they said that I'm unofficially hired...she just needs to let her scheduler know and the GM. However, Kohls is not my career goal anyways, it would just be a small (very small) income - considering they will only schedule 8-12 hours per week. Hardly even worth it.

Anyways, last week I had an unscheduled phone interview for an internet company. I thought she was calling to schedule an interview, but we ended up talking on the phone for about 45 min! Guess it helped that she is transplanted here from IL as well. She called me back and scheduled a formal interview next week. I also have an appointment with another employment agency next week.

I'm VERY excited about a job I sent my resume to this week. It's a Federal government job to work with teens/non-college bound young adults helping them with their interviewing skills, resume writing and guiding them to seek jobs within their skill-set. THAT'S a job that I would LOVE to do!! I was a former recruiter for a staffing company, so I have the interviewing/resume writing experience. Plus, being a former teacher, I have the experience working with young adults. I REALLY REALLY hope that this job calls me back!!

That's all. Coming up....CAT-astrophy....

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping with you that your dream job finds you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the job. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete