Monday, April 13, 2009

Week wrap up - LONG

Like everyone else, this last week was BUSY!! I'll start with last weekend. I went to the beach on Saturday! The weather was spectacular! I even took off my shoes on the sand...and maybe plunged them into the freezing cold Pacific Ocean. But walking in sand barefoot for the first time this year was heavenly!

Fast forward to Monday. We were off to see the Big Cheese - Chuck E Cheese that is. It was Jordan's birthday and what fun we had! Games galore and even an air hockey competition between Sandy and myself. (Sheri - I'm still awaiting pictures) That night was D's first night back in swimming lessons - which he loves. This session we weren't so lucky to be the only student, but the 3 other boys in the class can and do put their heads underwater. Hopefully, this will "pressure" D into doing the same. He's now willing and able to plunge his entire face into the water for a split second.

Tuesday was busy. Had to get myself ready for a worthless "interview" at an employment agency south of Portland AND get D ready for school. I drove 45 min. for a 10 min interview. Grrrrrr. The kicker to the story is that they brought me into the office b/c I had specifically seen an ad for a position I wanted. Having been a recruiter before, I knew that we had posted bogus jobs on the internet to get people into the office and have them prepared if things became available. I specifically asked them on the phone if the position was "real" and if it wasn't then can we hold off on the face-to-face interview until something becomes available. As mentioned, the interview was 10 min and when I asked about the specific position, the girl looked at me dumbfounded. She then stammered and said that she didn't know about that position and it much already have been filled. YEA RIGHT!!
Tuesday night was full of cupcake decorating for D's birthday!

MONSTER CUPCAKES for the little monsters!

Wednesday - BIRTHDAY DAY!!! WHOO HOOO! Cleaned the house and got ready for our friends to come over. Birthday fun was had by all. D was exhausted by the time it ended, but we had swimming lessons to rush to.

The following photos demonstrate how GOOOOD the cupcakes must have been.


We were exhausted that night. Early bedtimes for the both of us.

Thursday - Rush rush rush. I had a REAL interview with a company in Portland at 9am. Got myself ready, D ready and both of us out the door just before 8am. My friend Nikki was going to watch D while I went to my interview. I think it went well. It's for a sales position, not really my cup of tea, but with the economy the way it is...I'll take the job if offered, do my very best and who knows, I may really like it.

D had school on Friday and then we vegged in the house for the afternoon.

No photo's from Easter. The camera batteries died. I mean REALLY died - couldn't recharge them at all.

PHEW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment