Friday, July 24, 2009

Garden of Eden...er....Tina

When I moved into this house there was a small garden plot ready for planting. The first weekend I was here, I went and bought tomato plants, zucchini, beans and peppers. Being that it was the middle of June, I wasn't sure that the garden would really take off b/c it was so late in the month, but WOW!! Holy Moly!! I'm totally excited.

I was VERY happy that I consulted my mater gardener, Sandy, for advice regarding the zucchini plant. When I was at the store, I had 2 of them in my cart and I called Sandy. She said 1 plant will feed a family, 2 plants will feed a neighborhood. She was not kidding!! I only bought 1 plant and I have zucchini coming out my ears!!

So here is my garden. From left to right: Beans, tomato, peppers (in front of tomatoes) zucchini, basil, mint and chives.
Fruits of my labor:

I'm so excited!! This is really the first garden that I've planted more than just the standard tomatoes and peppers. If I'm still in this house next year, I already have plans to expand the garden and add more!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tina, that's great. I'm not having any luck with our zucchini plant at all. I think it's dying :( Your garden is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete