Wednesday, April 7, 2010

He's not allowed!!

So, I've decided that D is NOT allowed to turn 5 tomorrow. NOPE, it won't happen. He's my baby!

I still have so much to do before his party tomorrow afternoon. Here's my list:
Make frosting
Frost cake
clean house
decorate
wrap presents

I'm not a big believer in spending tons of money to have a birthday party at a "place". CEC, Kids Club and the like all want at least $100+ for hosting a party. YIKES!! I can't afford that. Plus, I survived having parties at my house, so can D. He's having 7 friends over - yes, it's going to be tight in this apartment, but all well, we'll survive. The party is from 3-5, the kids can play, moms can talk and then have cake, open presents and everyone can go home. Easy. Depending upon how tired or wired D is tomorrow evening, I think we're going to go out for dinner with C, C, & C or C3 (squared).

Will post party pics and update probably on Friday. I may have to collapse tomorrow evening - plus, it's Survivor night.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you don't succumb to the constant parties at places. It's never about the where, it's about the who. And kids, so long as they get a bit of fun and acknowledgement on their day, don't really care about the details. Glad it went well. Can't believe he's 5 either!

    ReplyDelete