Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Building New Life!

For all of my Vancouver/Portland friends, you should be able to recognize the picture of the building.   

The new (original) HP building

YUP!, that's my new place of employment!  I.  GOT.  THE.  JOB!!!!!   I'll be working for Market Source an outsourced sales division of HP!!  HP!!  A huge $ multi-million business!!!  I'm a Sales Service Representative - fancy name for Customer Service Rep.  OMG!  I'm soooo freaking excited!  I wanted this job from the very beginning, I didn't leave anything to chance. I bought a new outfit for the interview, gave myself a manicure, brows were perfectly waxed, I researched the company.....I was ready for my interview on Tuesday. 

I knew I nailed it when I left the building, but again, this is a weird job market, so I wasn't 100% sure.  The man who conducted the interview had much in common with me - he's from MI (me from IL), he was a teacher (me too), he came from retail into this position (I'm still at Kohl's).  I'm also really really glad that I decided to change my outfit at the last minute; I had purchased a purple sweater to wear with the new skirt (black), but decided to wear my suit jacket instead.  When John came out, he was wearing a purple shirt and black pants!!  OMG!  That would've been weird!! 

Anyways, I have tons of paperwork to fill out and a drug test to take.  Start date is sometime during the week of the 25th.  YIPPPEEEE!!  I have a job.  A job which will pay my bills and rent AND maybe just maybe have a little extra at the end of each month.  I feel soooo relieved to have a job.  A job that I believe I'll love. 

1 comment:

  1. That's what friends are for (great suggestion Bree!). WooHooo!!! Let the celebrating begin!!! SO very happy for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete