Saturday, January 26, 2013

Snakes and Lizards and Chameleons - OH MY!!

For more than a year David has been asking for a chameleon and/or snake as a pet.  In fact, he had a choice during his last birthday whether he wanted a guinea pig or snake/chameleon, surprisingly he chose guinea pig.  Anyways, my son is Obsessed with anything snake (or cheetah) on Animal Planet.  We watch Call of the Wild Man, Gator Boys, and Swamp Wars whenever possible.  David says that he wants to take care of snakes when he grows up - he knows that it's called a herpetologist. 

This week I learned that Portland was having a Reptile Expo, so I looked up the info and off we went.  FUN!!  I'm not afraid of snakes at all, in fact, just before we were married, Matt and I had a Burmese Python.  We held snakes, chameleons, and lizards.  We saw a cobra up close (enclosed in a glass cage) flare it's hood and got to pet a 5-6ft alligator!  It was a lot of fun.  Once Nibbles "goes", I told David that he can get a snake/reptile.  I'm guessing if he's still interested this time next year...what the hell, we'll get a "new" pet. 

Enjoy the pics!!  I can't believe that I didn't get a better picture of David holding a snake nor did I get one of him holding a chameleon. :(  SNAKES ARE COOL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment