Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Oreo 1999 - 2013

My sweet Oreo, today I released you from the uncomfortable burden of your old body.  I was with you the whole time stroking your head, rubbing your ears and whispering my love to you.  You have been the most amazing, sweet, frustrating, pestering, naughty, smart, and fun dog I have owned.  Even on your last day, the 10 minutes I left you alone in the house, you managed to chew a DVD box.  Seriously!?  This morning, I gave you the peanut butter jar for you to enjoy - it was clean in just a few minutes.

I'm glad that we took photo's with you on Sunday.  I'll miss stepping over you, tripping over you, and having to become a contortionist to get off the couch because you laid down right in front of it.  Although in the last few weeks, you've been sleeping more, the house still feels empty without you in it.  I'll miss your groans, snoring and, yes, even your stinky dog butt.  I'll miss watching you chase something in your dreams.  I'll even miss your whining at me for....well, whatever you whined about at that moment.

You were our beloved Oreo.  Our wonderful dog.  Go run and play, be that puppy you once were.








Oreo - these are my previous Eulogies to her.

1 comment:

  1. My sister is going through what you just went through. Her dog is nearing the end and she is having a hard time letting go. I feel for anybody who has lost a pet. Im sorry Tina!

    ReplyDelete