Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kohls can be scary

I worked last night until 11pm....UGH! Which means that we don't leave until 11:15-11:30. In this day and age, Kohls is no longer "allowing" customers to walk in the door at 10:55pm and expect to shop at their leisure. Kohls announces 15 min before closing that the store is closing and they should take their purchases up to the registers. Then at closing time - about 3-5 prior - an announcement is made that the store is closed and they must bring their purchases up to the registers.

Once all the customers have left the store, the POS (point-of-sale) associates are then able to do their go-backs. These are items which we've collected throughout our shift that customers no longer want when they come to check out. We must take said items and return them to the right shelves or racks throughout the store. I generally start gathering my go-backs by area within the store (mens, shoes, housewares)(womens, childrens and toys)...etc.

After all the customers had left, I was taking my go-backs to their respected places and one was a pair of shoes. So I was searching for the spot where this box came from when all of a sudden a woman said to me "I know you're closed, I'll probably just have to put these items on hold."

OMG!! She scared the living daylights out of me!! She was a customer - STILL IN THE STORE! Plus, she had a whole shopping cart full of clothes and things. It's was about 11:10 by this time too. I immediately informed my mgr that there was still a customer in the store and she promptly went over to the woman and stated that the store was closed and she'd have to leave. The woman put her items on hold and left the store about 5 min before the rest of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment