Monday, November 21, 2011

Mini promo, BIG compliment!

I have been working at HP for almost 2 months now, fully trained for just over a month.  While I'm still learning some things, I've got things running pretty well in my cube.  My accounts are very very slow and quiet, so I've had lots of downtime which has been noticed by management.  The way our system is set up, I'm not able to walk over to a coworker and just ask if there is something I can help them with because all area's within the system need specific permissions.  I'm only allowed to work on specific accounts - mine.

Today, I was actually working on a claim when the 2 bosses came up behind me and said that they'd like to speak with me.  WHOA - my heart started beating a mile a minute.  I wasn't taken to the open meeting room - the one with no doors where we usually meet for things.  Oh no, I was brought to a conference room that had a door and 3 chairs.  OH CRAP!  We file in, take a seat and shut the door.  GULP.


Tina, we know that your 2 accounts haven't been keeping you very busy.  This is it.  Do you feel that you know what you're doing pretty well?  GULP - yes.  We feel that you are a quick learner and can grasp things pretty quickly, so we've decided that we're going to give you a more challenging account and take away your 2 easy accounts.   AWESOME - gulp.  Sigh of relief!!  The bosses have liked what they've seen so far and have decided to give me a very large account.

HOWEVER....

The account they are giving me is the account NO ONE wants.  From what I know, it's challenging and the people associated with the account are difficult.  Hey, you know what?  I'm up for the challenge and difficult people are my specialty!!  I'm ready!


EDIT:  I should state that I was not given any raise or bonus or anything for this change.  It's just that I was recognized and given the responsibility of a large difficult account so soon after starting.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations? I guess... I never wanted the difficult people in my working days, but then, I wasn't compensated according to my efforts, so perhaps I would have cared more about taking on the big dogs if it went noticed! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But maybe this is the beginning to advancement and higher pay and all. Sounds like they are recognizing that you can handle it, and are prepping you to move up.....

    ReplyDelete