Sunday, October 28, 2012

Is it Broken?

A few weeks before the end of school, I just happened to be home from work early and had David take the bus home - a treat for him.  He bounded off the bus and as we were walking home, I noticed that he was favoring his right hand.  I stopped and had him show me his hand.  OMG!!  His pinky was swollen and purple!! 

After texting Matt a picture and asking David more questions about it, we were off to Urgent Care to see if was broken.  Apparently it was a traumatic slide injury that happened at 2nd recess.  David was at the bottom of the slide and another kid came down before David was clear.  WHAM-O the pinky got it.  I was a bit upset that the school didn't call, but whatever.
David's first (and probably not the last) set of x-rays.  


 
The good news is that nothing was broken.  Ice, elevation, ibuprofen, and rest was on order for the remainder of the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment