Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lift and separate

Wasn't that the ad years ago for Playtex bra's? They lift and separate. Well, my "girls" are now properly lifted and in their correct spots on my body thanks to a proper bra fitting. After I had D, Oprah had her Bra Intervention show which showed that most women are NOT wearing the correct sized bra. Once I was done breast feeding D, I looked up some shops near my home and RAN to get fitted.

It's been a few years and 25lbs lost that I've been properly fitted. I finally fit into cute Victoria Secret panties, so I decided to see if the bras fit as well and was measured by the workers there. Of course they said that I was now down to a DD. Well, I purchased a few DD sized bras, but never felt comfortable in them. I was skeptical about VS b/c DD is the largest cup size they sell, so OF COURSE I'm going to be that size.

Well, after months of hiking up my straps on my bra, I decided I had enough!! I went back on the internet and had Oprah direct me to a place out here to be fitted. **angels singing on high** I'm back into a comfortable bra! No more falling straps or boob squishing. It's soooo nice to walk into a place, get measured for the band size and have the woman bring you the correct cup size b/c she could just tell!! I'm not kidding, she never measured me for cup size - she eyeballed me and was 100% correct!! Now that's a person who is very good at her job.

So, my moral of the story is - get professionally fitted for a bra!! You don't have to return to that store to purchase them, but at least you'll know your correct size. And stay away from JC Penney, VS or the like and go to a specialty bra shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment