Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Does the circus still take children?

I headed to the gym today with D in tow and everything was good. UNTIL...
Until we had to leave the gym. I picked D up from the childwatch area and he turns to me and asks where his goldfish crackers are. Puzzled, I said that I didn't have any with me. D insisted that I did have some in my purse. That triggered a meltdown that lasted well over an hour. He cried all the way to the car, all the way to the grocery store (I needed stuff for dinner), through the grocery store, all the way home, through lunch, and just up until he went down for a nap.

And this wasn't just a few tears here and there, this was full blown tears STREAMING down his face, his face blotchy red and shoulders wracked in sobs.

UGH! Kids.

1 comment:

  1. apparently the church doesn't take them anymore, either. Porkchop's Godfather is a priest and we have repeatedly offered him to the church, but they won't take him.

    *sigh* What happened to the good old days?

    ReplyDelete