Saturday, October 11, 2008

If it wasn't so funny it would be tragic.

Ok, I'm going to have a mini pity party.

This is my birthday weekend and it's completely gone to hell. First AF made her arrival yesterday with a vengence. Cramps and moodiness galore! FANTASTIC!! D is FINALLY on the mend from being sick, but he's very whiny. I have a cake to bake for someone that WAS to be delivered tonight.....WAS being the operative word.

I got the Monster Truck cake baked and put together, and I was making the frosting for the cake. THE FROSTING!! I was ALMOST done. D wanted to help, but knowing he was sick I was just letting him watch. I had just finished coloring the frosting the exact green color it needed and D sneezed into the bowl!! OMG!! There was nothing I could do. I had to dump the ENTIRE batch of frosting. I had used the last of the powdered sugar as well. SO I put on my shoes and headed to the store. Get out of the store with my sugar and more butter (just in case) and I see that my cell phone has a voicemail. It's M and NOT good news.

"Um, you may want to pick up more cake mix b/c the dog just ate your cake".

OH. MY. HELL. (thanks Casey for this phrasology)

Back into the store I trudge to grab more cake mixes dreading the fact that I'm going to be up VERY late and that I have to start over. The "new" cake is baked and cooling. The basic frosting is done to assemble the cake so once it's cooled, I can assemble. Once put together, I can then get to the nitty gritty of frosting this damned thing.

Doesn't look good for Birthday Breakfast out tomorrow morning nor does the family trip to the pumpkin patch.

Oh and the topper to EVERYTHING......I have a coldsore!!


******adendum******
I woke up this morning to find all the truckbed sides to the truck cake had fallen off during the night..... HOLY HELL!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, it's things like this that make me not want to get a dog...or have kids...too late on one count. Sorry for the horrible sequence of events! Hope you got the cake made and still had time for The Captain. ;)

    ReplyDelete