Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sickies everywhere....

I'll start with the darned dog. More than 3 weeks ago, Dakota had surgery on his foot to, hopefully, fix this thing that keeps happening. Months ago, I wrote about Dakota having that pine branch stuck in his paw. Well, the site kept getting infected with this pussy ball thing (almost like a pimple). The Vet gave us more antibiotics (and it would go away, but return) so finally she stated that maybe she needs to really open up the area and make sure that ALL debris is gone. WELLLLLL - the puss ball is back again!! grrrrrrr. Poor Dakota is back to wearing his cone around his head and back on antibiotics. I just don't know what to do. I'm keeping his cone on his head until I know all the infection is gone.

Sickie number 2 - D. He has CROUP. There is no mistaking the barking seal cough that they get. Plus he keeps getting a fever. We're on day 2.5 of this, so today my job is to disinfect this house. It's supposed to warm up a bit this afternoon, so windows will be opened and bleach water will be wiped over all surfaces, doorknobs and light switches. I want to be rid of this virus as fast as possible. I ran to the movie store yesterday and rented a couple movies for him, we've watched them 3-4 times each already. I can't have D play too much b/c any activity starts him coughing and croup is not an illness where coughing is good.

Vaporizor - CHECK
Apple Juice - CHECK
Vodka - almost empty....er....I mean.....hiccup.

Clorox, here I come.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of croup before.. sounds bad. Hopefully he will be better soon, and it's nice and sunny so throw open the windows and get the nastys out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... I hope both your babies are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete