Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random items

Potty mouth Mommy:
D's preschool has a from-the-car drop off area. Mom's don't have to get out of the car to drop their kids off at school, the teachers come to the car to get them. So we're waiting in the line on Tuesday and there is a car ahead of us who pulled up to the door area. D obviously thought that we were going to be next b/c the next thing he does is throw his hands into the air and proclaim "aw crap!" NICE!! I put my head in my hands and realized that I've got to clean up my potty mouth.

The Mommy look:
I took D to the park on Saturday and we started at park the backside of the elementary school, but then moved to the park which is a city park. There were older kids at the park who had their bikes and skateboards on the equipment. I generally tell these kids (cuz I run into a lot) that for the time that little kids are around I'd appreciate if they'd not have their "toys" on the playground equipment. I have yet to have a kid ignore my request. So, these kids stopped their "playing" and moved onto racing each other in foot races. GREAT!! It's fantastic to see 12-13yo's actually playing.
As we were playing, an older (mid-upper 20's) man starts walking to the playground and the kids seem to know him and go over to him. The man enters the playground area talking on a cell phone and proceeds to drop a few F-bombs. WELL, I shot this man a "Mom" look b/c in the very next instant he looked right at me and said "sorry, really Sorry." "It won't happen again". WHEW!! I got it! I've got a MOM look that will even bring adults to apologize for their behavior.

Pumpkin guts:
A few months back a friend of mine posted something on a web board about using a canning lid to scrape the guts from a pumpkin. Well, today I decided to test it out. FANTASTIC!! Holy moly! Why didn't I know about this years ago? The canning lid doesn't have a handle, so no getting that caught on the opposite side of the pumpkin or your own arm. The lid fits perfectly in your hand, has a sharp enough edge to get to the pumpkin core in just a few swipes and it doesn't bend!! If you haven't carved your pumpkin yet, try this and if you have, put it in your mind for next year.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the mom look. I try to dish those out on occasions too. Very cool that the guy apologized.

    ReplyDelete