Monday, December 7, 2009

4 Winters

December 10th makes 4 years since I moved to the Pacific NW. I remember when I moved out here and people were bundled in heavy winter coats when it was 40 degree's outside. Coming from Illinois, 40 degree's in December/January is downright BALMY and doesn't require heavy winter gear. I don't have a winter coat, I've been using a raincoat/windbreaker and it has been fine.

Fast forward 4 winters, I'm FREEEZING!! Holy cow, it's sooo cold. Ok, today is only a high of 32 degree's, so I have a right to be cold, but 40 degree's is cold too!! I can't believe my 37 winters in Chicago has been sissified to believe tht 40 degree's is cold. UGH! Not only do I read labels at the grocery store to be sure that I'm getting foods without High Fructose Corn Syrup and I love farmers markets, but now I'm weather acclimated. However, I draw the line at Birkenstocks, Crocs or sandals with socks, just can't do it, I'm not THAT pacific northwesternized!

I need to go buy a winter coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment