Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Bottom of the Barrel

Last week I had a crazy lady in my line at Kohl's, so I decided to tell my online friends about it in a funny post on a message board. This board is made up of all moms who've experienced infertility. I've been a member of this group since 2000, so it's been almost 10 years. Some of the women I've met, others I have not. We've go through our IF (infertility) struggles, IVF, IUI, shots, tests...etc.

ANYWAYS, I posted a funny and a woman with the screen name Twingles completely flamed me! I was completely backed up by the other women on the board, but I thought I'd share what was written by me and her:

Me:
Tis the season where you are more than likely stand in a line while shopping. Just a few tips from those of us who work in the retail field:

1. Don't stand in my line shifting from one foot to another sighing loudly. It doesn't make me work any faster.

2. See #1 and add the folding of your arms to the mix. It doesn't make me work any faster.

3. See #1 & 2 and add talking loudly about needing more cashiers. It doesn't make me work any faster AND I have no control over who's working where in the store.

And finally,

4. Don't stand in the middle of the store and scream at the top of your lungs: "EXCUSE ME!! CAN WE GET ANOTHER PERSON TO CHECK US OUT?" It doesn't make me work any faster and now I'm just laughing at you - and so are all the other customers standing in line.

Also, when you declare loudly that you are leaving the store and I've just lost a $50 sale, please note that a large retailer is very sad about your $50 especially all the people in line have double or triple your purchase. Your 3 pair granny panties and fugly valor sweat suit will be waiting for you at Good Will in a few months.

Completely true story that happened to me last night.

Twingles:
For some people, a fire under their arse wouldn't make them work faster, and that says more about them than any customer's antics.

Also, the attitude that someone's $50 purchase doesn't matter is something that has put many a retailer out of business. ANd it's that fugly but your store is selling it? Hope they don't require you to wear their clothes!

I did laugh when I saw you work at Kohl's - every Kohl's I've ever been to has the rudest, slowest help I've ever encountered. Do they train you to be that way? LOL. I do love Kohl's though. THey are the only store that still gives out boxes too, and lots of them!

Me:
OUCH!! That was a bit rude. Maybe you've been trained that way. The LOL after your comment didn't help the sting. AND every store sells FUGLY stuff, doesn't mean that I'm going to buying it or wearing it. EVER.

Twingles:
Well, I live in one of the top 100 richest zip codes in the US, but then again the closest Kohl's is 20 minutes away so maybe you're right, LAUREN.

Give me a break. Are you freaking serious? Maybe it's where I live???

Retail workers are the bottom of the barrel anymore. Misery breeds misery. Hence the surge in online shopping. Then we don't have to deal with the mutts of the world.

Seriously, this original post was one of the rudest I've ever read, but not the least surprising, unfortuntely. And I'm sure she's wondering why she can't get ahead in the world. That's what kills me.

Me:
Twingles? Was that you the other night? Huh, thought I smelled the stench of wasted space.

It's too bad that you have such a narrow mind about the world around you. There is always someone who has to do the work that makes our daily lives easier and I'm sure that most of those people are proud of the jobs they have and the work they do.

My original post was made in jest, more of a funny than a b1tch fest. It was more about the crazy lady that was in line yelling in the store. I'm definitely NOT going to tell you about my background or why I'm currently working retail. It makes no difference to your comments. You think what you want, but Karma is a b1tch, and b1tch, she's coming for you!

So, there it is folks. I'm the bottom of the barrel and apparently a mutt of the world. Trust me, Twingles was completely flamed after her posts. She's been on the board for a while and is consistent with stirring up trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment