Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Adventure Sunday



I had to work both Saturday and Sunday night, so with limited time C and I decided to just take a Sunday drive and see where we end up.   As we got to an intersection, we switch on who was giving directions.  Somehow we ended up on an old logging gravel road heading up a mountain. Amazing views, large potholes and a pit stop happened along the way.  There was a time where we really wondered where we were and what if we got "stuck".  How would we tell someone where we were?  Here's how the conversation would go:  "Ummm, well there is a large pine tree to my left and a bunch of ferns to my right.  Oh!  We're just below the circling hawk." 

Standing in a large pothole
After much driving we had been following a stream (what we thought was a stream) for a while and found a path that allowed us to go play in the water.  Not thinking that we were going to end up hiking, I had only worn flip flops, but it turned out to be a pretty good thing for walking the "stream". 
Just before she got her feet wet from the holes in her shoes  

I got my feet wet

As it turned out, we had been wading in the Washougal River.  About 1/2 mile down the gravel road was Dougan Falls.  We plan on taking the kids back to the river to play this weekend.  This time, I'll wear proper shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment