Friday, August 20, 2010

Walking on water

Last Saturday, C3 and I went back to the Washougal river to play.  It was 90+ degree's in town, but perfect weather for a shady river walk/hike.  The weekend before C and I found this "spot" on the river where we could hike around.  D went to his Dad's that day, so it was C, me and her kids - it was fun to hear how confused the kids were that we wanted them to keep their tennis shoes on to go play in the river.  That is, until we got there and they figured it out.  There was a little danger, lots of adventure, waterfalls to conquer, tons of cool water fun, and I caught a frog!  And as a bonus, no one around!  We were up river from the swimming holes that everyone flocks too which made it better.   After 3 hours of fun (holy cow, 3 hours!), we stopped at DQ for some dinner and ice-cream.  I'm sure we all fell into bed that night exhausted and were asleep within seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment