Saturday, October 9, 2010

Labor Day Camping - Day 2

Brrrr it's COOOLD!!  After freezing through the night and not getting much sleep because of it, I was up before anyone else, so I ran into town to Fred Meyers to purchase breakfast items (ummm, I kinda forgot ALL the fix'ns for French Toast breakfast).  While there, I decided to buy a blanket too cuz if I freeze again tonight like last night, I'll die!!  DONUTS and milk were purchased, so I didn't have to cook.  When I returned, I attempted to start a fire, but it had rained the night before and the wood was wet.   Slowly the gang emerged from the chalet and we started making plans for the day. 




After having some coffee, we were off to Rockaway Beach for some tourist fun!  As I have previously mentioned, Catrina and I collect smooshed pennies and we knew that there was a store in Rockaway that had a penny machine.   We headed into all the tourist shops, laughed, and had a great time. 



 
 After having a great time, we decided to head south for lunch and go to Tillamook.  On our way, Christian pointed us in the direction of a restaurant to have some great clam chowder soup and fried fish.  YUMMY!  After lunch, we were right on the water, so we mingled with the locals (they were a little stiff and scary), looked at the harbor, and sat to watch a seal lion beg for fish from the fishermen.

 
With bellies full, it was time to head to Cape Meares Lighthouse.  The views on the walk down to the lighthouse are spectacular!  A few months ago, a couple of men decided it would be "fun" to shoot out the windows of the lighthouse - thus ruining a landmark.  The men have been caught and are awaiting trial for their actions, but it has compromised the beauty of the lighthouse. 



Shot out windows


Next stop, Tillamook Cheese Factory!  We have renamed it to - Tillamook poop Factory.  While browsing in the gift shop, an older gentleman had an accident in the doorway of the factory.  Ummm, it wasn't just a small accident either and WHEW it stunk up the entire factory!!  Poor guy!  We didn't let it ruin our time, but we did spend a few extra minutes browsing the shop for the place to air out!  The line was way to long to enjoy ice-cream there, so we loaded back into the car and headed back up to Rockaway Beach.  Enjoyed ice-cream on a bench and just watched the people go by.  I made my famous chicken packet dinner that night, we sat around the campfire and headed to bed early.  Being a tourist is tiring!


Day 3 to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment