Thursday, February 17, 2011

2 girls, a bully and mama bear

As I mentioned in a previous blog, D has a crush on a girl in his class.  Julia, she is oh so sweet, bright, and funny.  However, another girl, Elliana, has a crush on D.  Oh the drama playing out in Kindergarten these days.  Yes, I know that I chased Jimmy Burger around Kindergarten trying to kiss him - got him a couple of times too....heehehehee. 

Anyways, D has been having issues with another little boy in his class.  This little boy has been pretty much bullying D.  Contradicting that D actually has a Bakugon Colossus, talking smack about his tennis shoes (umm, they're Nike's), stating that D is slow (as in running slow)....etc.  Basic Kindergarten stuff, but D has come home twice last week and cried about it.  DON'T pick on my boy! On Monday, I volunteered in D's class for their Valentine's Day party, and chatted with Mrs. Bates after school regarding J's behavior towards D.  The teacher hadn't seen anything happening in the classroom, but she wouldn't be surprised if that was happening.  She stated that she'd watch closely and see if she could see what's happening.  It took much strength not to take J aside and shake some sense into him and tell him to leave my boy alone....I didn't, but wanted too!! WELL, yesterday J was busted picking on D on the way to lunch!!  Mrs. Bates kept him inside from recess and had a heart-to-heart discussion.  J actually cried and felt sorry b/c he didn't realize that he had been hurting D's feelings.  I was also informed that J has been on a behavior support plan from the beginning of the school year, but doing much much better. 

I was in D's class today on my regular volunteer day and even worked with J one-on-one.  Hopefully this ends the bullying from J and a great remainder of Kindergarten year!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment