Thursday, February 10, 2011

Does the hair do do?

It may be that my little boy has a crush on a fellow classmate. I didn't really think anything of it until I was talking to D's teacher after class today.

As our typical mornings that I have to get ready for work, the routine is D eats breakfast, gets dressed and then brushes his teeth. Last night was bath night and he woke with a bit of a bed-head do. In the last few months, he's been taming his rooster look with some water, as he did today. However, he also parted his hair on the side and slicked it over. I was standing in the kitchen making his lunch and he appeared to ask how his hair looked. I said it looked great, he did a great job. But then he asked "but, mom, do I look handsome?".
"Of course you look handsome!!"
He smiled and went on his way.

We drove to school and as he was getting out of the car, he asked me if his hair looked good and "was it still moved to the side". I said yes, but had a feeling that perhaps there was a bit more to this hair thing than just vanity.

I volunteer in D's class every Thursday, so his teacher and I have a great relationship and so I told her about this mornings events and she smiled. She said that she has seen some interaction with another little girl in class. Hmmm we shall see where this leads. Do not despair Ms. Maura, you'll always be D's love (BUT, the girl does have the same name as your big sister).

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that's too cute. Tell D if he should charm her with words and good manners, that's the real way to a girl's heart! We don't care so much about the hairdos :)
    I won't tell Maura. It would be more than she could take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Jordan can't be the only one with a girlfriend. Just wait till they start writing notes to each other. Jordan is always talking about the stuff he will take to school for her. I gotta admit, she's very cute. Go, David!

    ReplyDelete