Thursday, June 2, 2011

No Fainting, PLEASE!!

Today, I started to cut down on my Diet Coke "habit".  I never had a bad habit with it, on a typical day, I'd only have 2 cans.  Well, I've only had about 3/4 of a can today.  YIKES!!  Then why am I awake at midnight?  Stress will do that.  I drank a lot of water today and hopefully tomorrow will be the same.  I'm not looking to cut my caffeine out of my life completely, but maybe just cut down on it.  Not feel like I NEED a Diet Coke in the morning.   *I don't drink coffee - obviously not native to the Pacific Northwest*

I just completed my Flat Stanley project for my old college friend in WI.  Ok, I may have cheated a bit and didn't really take Stanley anywhere, but I created a whole report about the local stuff around here that a 3rd grader would like.  Mt. St. Helens, Multnomah Falls, Lewis and Clark...etc.  Well, I didn't have a camera this whole time, so I really couldn't take photo's of FS anywhere anyways. 

Speaking of camera's, I bought a new one yesterday.  One of my MOMS Club friends LOVES to research things on the internet, so she suggested a Nikon 3100.  She then found that Costco had a deal going on, so I enlisted the help of Costco friends and went to Portland (no sales tax) and hunted for the camera.  Of course, they didn't have it, but they had the 4100 series for only $10 more.  I haven't had the time or desire to load it into my computer yet....maybe this weekend.  Thanks Sheri for the research!

I also got great news today from another friend that she has contacted her old company on behalf of me for a job and it just so happens that someone is LEAVING!!  I immediately sent my friend my resume and she passed it along.   I'm crossing my fingers.  There is something to be said about having a direct recommendation for a job rather than sending a blind resume.  Thanks Judi!! 

Off to sleep.  A classroom of 3 yo's await me in the morning.  It's watermelon day. 

1 comment:

  1. Wish I coulda been there to watch you spit seeds with the kiddos! I'm glad you're enjoying your new camera. :)

    ReplyDelete