Monday, August 29, 2011

Bruised ego and a skinned knee

The first half of last week was just tough.  I was very excited to start out last week, I totally revamped my resume (thanks to my boss at Kohl's taking 40 min of his time to help me) and started sending it out.  The week previous I sent out a resume for a full-time job and received an email in response stating the usual, "thank you for your interest...the job has been filled", but this email included a paragraph stating that they liked my resume and they had a part-time job available and would I be interested.   YES!  Was my reply and an interview was scheduled for Monday at 2:30.  YES!!  I got all ready and made my way up to Woodland to encounter the highway at a complete stop just after the last exit for miles!!  One firetruck passed me....I waited (nothing else I could do but wait as I was stuck).  Another firetruck passed me....uh-oh, this isn't good.  I call the company and state that I may be late for the interview and give the reason why.  Wait a little more and finally start moving...slowly.  The area where the backup occurred was where 2 highways merge together, so LOTS of traffic.  3 different brush fires in about a 1 mile section of highway.  Once I passed the fires, the highway opened up and I was on my way.  I got to the company EARLY!!  Good thing I left my house early.  The interview went well. 

I thought the interview went well until the next day when I received a phone call stating that I didn't get the position.  It was a close call between me and another person....   It's so defeating day after day to send out resume's and get rejected or hear nothing.  I've never experience this in my life.  Every job I have ever interviewed for, I've gotten, so this is tough.  It definitely isn't motivating to keep going, but going I must. 

That was my bruised ego and on Wednesday I had a flip flop malfunction in the parking lot of my apt.  Down I went and skinned my knee - bad, I was wearing shorts.  OMG! How do children handle the pain?  After washing it off to get the bits of pavement off, Catrina called and I told her what I had done.  She was making her way to this side of town for work, so she said she would stop at the store and pick up some stuff for my knee.  I put some gauze on it an laid on the couch with some ice - it was swelling up pretty good.  Catrina arrived a little bit later with some antiseptic/pain relieving spray and some liquid bandage spray.  AWESOME - she's my hero!!  Sprayed my knee with the antibacterial spray - it did help with the pain.  Sprayed my knee with the liquid bandage and thought I was going to die!! Oh! My! Holy! Hell!!!!!  That stuff STINGS like crazy.  Tears welled up in my eyes, Catrina said that my face was just that of total pain.  She kept saying "go wash it off, go wash it off!", but I was paralized by the pain and couldn't move.  What felt like the longest minute ever, the pain stopped.  Once I could think clearly, I looked at the bottle and it didn't state anything regarding ingredients, but it does say that a slight stinging sensation may occur.  SLIGHT, my ass - that was awful!  The product is being returned and I will NEVER recommend anyone to buy it.   We headed off to WalMart to pick up some stuff to cover my knee at night.  I looked at the ingredients of the liquid bandage there - contains ALCOHOL!!  No wonder there was a "slight stinging sensation".

 


No comments:

Post a Comment