Friday, April 11, 2008

My baby is no longer a baby

This week D turned 3yo. I fought it like crazy because we ALL know that 3 is the new 2. UGH. I've heard some horror stories. So far so good.

D is sleeping well in his big boy bed. Hasn't gotten up once. YIPPPEEEE.

So, on Tuesday we had a birthday party here - lots of kids, but actually worked out well. Didn't mean to have all those people over - that's another story in itself. On Wednesday I took D into the Dr. for his 3yo well being check. He usually cries during the ear check. I prepped D prior to the visit by explaining what the Dr is going to do. Daddy even helped with that. Maybe it's age or the fact that D now has a Dr. kit, but he didn't cry during the exam!! WHOOO HOOO!!! He let the Dr. look in his ears, gladly opened his mouth, and found that the stethoscope tickled.

Thursday brought a whole new trip to a place where he cries. The dreaded HAIR CUT. I looked at D over breakfast that day and knew decided that his hair was really long and it needed to be cut. So I prepped for the trip.
*Change shirts to one that I don't care will be filled with tears, drool and snot. D is a fountain when he cries. CHECK.
*Put clean shirt in purse for me to change into after the appointment. CHECK
*Hand towel in my purse to mop up tears. CHECK.
*M&M's for bribing CHECK
*Tell D that he's going for a haircut (uh oh the tears have started) CHECK

We get to Great Clips and D climbs right up into the chair. The tears start when the lady is combing his hair. But quickly she reaches into a drawer and pulls out 2 hair clips and a comb and hands them over. While D isn't pleased, he stops crying and doesn't start again!! OMG!!! Who is this child? Where did I leave D? I must have left him at the store and picked up another little boy. Oh, wait it gets better!! the CLIPPERS came out! First time clippers were used on him. No crying. He didn't particularly enjoy them, but he didn't cry and scream.

He's getting so big!!

P.S. I think next year I'll allow D to have a break after his birthday before I schedule things to do that he doesn't enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment