Monday, April 7, 2008

My big boy!

Tomorrow D turns 3 years old and he's becoming a big boy. The Toys R Us near our house is going out of business, so everything is 40% off. Yes, we did a lot of shopping. One of the things we bought was a toddler bed.

Last night was the first night for D to sleep in a big boy bed. I've heard horror stories of kids getting up multiple times during the night, not going to bed and nights of misery. Well, my kid is extra special. He climbed into his bed and slept there all night long. He even woke up around 6:30am and didn't get out of bed. I went and got him out of bed at 6:45 - he was just lying there singing and talking to himself. YES!!

The true test will be nap time today. We'll see what it's like then. Hopefully, he'll be just as good and easy as he was last night.


EDIT: It's 2:33 in the afternoon and all is quiet in little man's room. He went to bed around 1pm. Laid down and I haven't heard or seen him since. YIPPPEEE!!!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! That is so great!!! He must have just been ready for the transition...or maybe he is an extra special kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when some of the parenting woes that come along with transitions just sort of pass us by! Great job, D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Can you come over to my house and pry my kid's hands off the crib rail. He has told me in no uncertain terms that he "LIKES" his crib. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete