Friday, August 1, 2008

Bubble Fest 2008

Bubble fest was a bust. I wasn't planning on taking D to it, but then I thought that it may be great fun for him. Thursdays are generally our standing playgroup day, but several of us were going to bubble fest.

We met at the park as usual and then Casey stated that she was loading the kids to go. That got me thinking, so I asked D if he wanted to go. YES! He was excited. Bubbles to a 3yo are fun....well to a 38yo too. Then Krista packed up her kids and off we went to the library for Bubble Fest. I don't know what I was expecting, but I felt that the activities were geared to older children - Kindergarten and older. PLUS, it was packed!! Lines were long and people were rude by butting in.

D's favorite thing at Bubble Fest was the bubble cup that he received. You take a plastic cup, punch a hole in the side, cover the top with cloth and secure with a rubber band. Squirt a little dishwashing liquid on the cloth and wet with a spray bottle. Then stick a straw in the hole and blow. Mounds of foamy bubbles are generated from this "machine". AND because I wasn't planning on going to BF 2008, I didn't have my camera on me. You can check out pictures of bubble fest on my friends blog - Dancing on the Edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment