Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yeeeehaw Everyone!!!

What says summer more than a County Fair? Guess what? I went to one last night. Catrina asked me to go and see one of her favorite country music singers who was playing. WELL, being such a HUGE non-country music fan, I agreed to go. It has been years since I've been to a fair - I probably haven't been since I was 8 or 9. Which is strange because literally 1 mile from the house I grew up in was the fairgrounds for my county.

AND, you cannot have a county fair unless the weather is 90+ degree's - even in the PNW. Yesterday was no exception. It was 94 degree's. I left D at home with a sitter cuz I knew the fair would be "too old" for him at this point. Off I went.

I think I know why I haven't been to a fair in years. Rednecks. Lots and lots of rednecks. We didn't drive, so I can't really critique the auto's found in the parking lot, but I'm guessing there would be a lot of pick up trucks.

So, we were sitting in the bleachers listening to the concert and people watching. There was a man, woman, toddler and 2 strollers. Hmmmm, why 2 strollers and only 1 child? It's because the man was pushing a stroller for his DOG!! His DOG! Yes, this man was a redneck. Long long hair, wrangler jeans, HUGE belt buckle, cowboy boots and hat. Looks like he came right out of Hee Haw (for those who remember that show). He paid more attention to the dog than he did to his toddler. He scooped that dog into his arms, danced with him and everything. As soon as I can figure out how to get the photo off of my phone, I'll post it here. Catrina and I barely watched the concert cuz we were too interested and stunned about the man.

There were 3 cute little old ladies sitting in front of us, but in front of them was this crazy woman who stunk to high heaven. She also was a bit "off" cuz she collected all the streamers (like handfulls) that were blown into the audience. With the exception of her stink (which we could smell without a problem 2 rows up), she looked and acted perfectly normal the entire time.

After the show, was RIDES. I haven't laughed that much in a very long time. We rode 3 rides and had a blast. We were like kids.

The bus ride back to the shuttle parking was also interesting. The person sitting 2 people from me all of a sudden barfed into the isle. Wouldn't be so bad if we weren't sitting in the seats which didn't ride sideways. So the barf trickled it's way down the isle and we had to sit the entire ride with our feet up!! I was wearing flip flops, so there was NO way I was going to put my feet down! At least it didn't smell.

Ah, summer time at the fair.

1 comment:

  1. Hee Haw! That is funny about the fair. We're skipping the county fair this year - last year the Oregon State Fair was MUCH better.

    ReplyDelete