Monday, August 25, 2008

Well, if Buzz can do it....

When I put D down for a nap or to bed, I know that he doesn't go to sleep right away. He'll play for a while and finally pass out. Which is fine with me. I still get some peace and quiet in the house. Last night D was up WAY past his bedtime (all my fault) and I knew he needed a nap. After a bit of playing in his room I knew that I needed to step in and get him to bed.

When I opened his door, I saw him standing on his foot stool (you know from that cute soccer chair) at the window. But there was something different and wrong about the window. It was VERY clear and....the book D was looking at was....um...half OUTSIDE the window!!!

The screen was missing! I walked over to D and got him off the footstool and looked out the window...down 2 stories.

Apparently, if Buzz Lightyear can fly, so can most of D's toys.

We're heading to Home Depot to buy some window locks. This way he can have his window open, but only a little bit.

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap!! What a near tragic miss he had. I'm glad it was only his toys that went out the window and not a certain little three year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have never seen quite a toy tossing before. That is really alot of toys flying down there! I am so glad that the little man is okay, and I hope his toys survived the flight. Great photos, glad no one was injured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!! I wish I could have seen the look on your face when you discovered this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap is right!!!! I would have FREAKED!! So glad D had the sense not to try to fly himself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is scary...thank God he didn't fall out. It is kind of funny seeing his toys down there. Looks like he was having fun!

    Tammy (wannabe2)

    ReplyDelete