Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11


Being in Illinois at the time, I was only 1 hour behind the East Coast. I was getting ready for work and had the TV on to the Today show. I didn't have to be to work until 9am, and worked just a mile from home. I remember hearing about the first plane crashing into the tower while putting on my makeup. Then the second plane hit while I was watching the TV. It was then that Matt Lauer or someone stated that we may be under attack. I called M at work and told him what had happened and that the US was under attack.

Went to work and luckily we had a TV. My boss hadn't heard anything, so we turned on the TV and watched in stunned silence. The TV stayed on all day and for the rest of the week.

That afternoon, M and I had an appointment sign paperwork on a house we were going to build in another town. We went to the appointment. 2 days later we canceled the contract b/c we were unsure about the state of the world. Can you believe that the builder had the gaul to KEEP our earnest money?!!! Cheap bastards!

I also remember the erie silence from not having planes flying overhead for the next 3-4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment