Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What to do? Go to the zoo!!

It's Thursday and no new playgroup per se.
What to do, what to do? I know! Go to the zoo!

Packed up the car. We didn't drive far.
We started at the calf, who was all the way in the back half.
OH he was adorable and the mom didn't act horrible.
She was giving a call to her baby so small
A great sound to hear, some people gave a small cheer.
From all around, other elephants gave a trumpeting sound.
With much glee, the baby was fun to see.

Here are the pics from our camera clicks.


I need to add some info here: Oregon is having a zoo referendum on their ballot this November, so they were filming the animals the day we were there to make commercials. The polar bear was licking off something from the windows and was right there close. Even his tongue is bigger than D's head. They were feeding the hippo's apples, so they had their mouths wide open - did I take a picture - NO! Dumb me. Same with the penguins. It just happened that we were at the habitats at the same time they were filming. However, D may be seen in a commercial - we had to sign a waiver at the Polar Bear exhibit.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun day! I love the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics. I need to get down there and see the baby elephant before I can't pick him out of the bunch.

    ReplyDelete