Monday, September 8, 2008

I am no Martha

Although I try to be like the great Martha Stewart, I just cannot be. I took down the two front window blinds today b/c they were FILTHY and needed to be cleaned. I hauled them upstairs for a bath in the tub. This is where I am no Martha.

As I took a scrub brush to the slats, all I could think of was stupid MS. How would she clean these blinds? She, of course, would meticulously scrub each and every slat - on both sides. Then she'd probably take a soft (always white) cloth or perhaps a soft tooth brush and scrub each inch of the strings. She'd never pay attention to the backache forming from stooping over the tub and each slat would then be dried by another pristine white cloth.

Yea, that didn't happen. I did scrub the blinds with a brush, but I probably missed more area's than I hit. Mostly, I swished those blinds around the water hoping that Mr. Clean will get the grim off himself. AND, who am I kidding, MS wouldn't wash them in a tub, she'd probably have a special cleaning area just for blinds. AND, more importantly, she'd have someone else clean the blinds.

1 comment:

  1. Lol...you are much better then I am. I would have just thrown them away and bought new ones!

    ReplyDelete