Sunday, July 20, 2008

Heeeeeere's Martha!!

Martha Stewart that is. I'm thinking about changing my name after my evening last night. I made (SUCCESSFULLY) homemade raspberry preserves. Jarred and everything!! AND it tastes fantastic!

One of my MOMS Club friends sent out an email a while ago about purchasing berries in bulk. The local Rotary club was offering fresh picked raspberries, strawberries or marionberries for CHEAP! I bought 5lbs of raspberries for $11.

So the other day, I bought jars, researched recipes and canning methods. Last night I took out my big pot and got to work. WOW! It was easy. M and I had to switch off stirring the pot cuz it requires constant stirring until the berries boil. Well, if I wanted any arm hair I needed someone to take over.

Here is the result of my labor. I'm very excited that all the jars are sealed properly too!


OH! I had some on toast this morning for breakfast.....YUMMY YUMMY! Step aside Martha, I'm getting my canning on!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are posting pictures (even the raging case of pink eye :) ) Your little D is a cutie on that chair! Oh, and I am totally impressed by the preserves. I'm not that talented yet... it would mess up my sink!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete