Thursday, July 3, 2008

Potty Training Made Simple

I think I found D's motivation to FINALLY pee pee in the potty. THE PARK!! On Tuesday afternoon, I had a playdate at a park. Well, bad mommy, forgot to change D's diaper before we left. I have no idea how his diaper got sooooo full, but it was actually leaking. Again, bad mommy, forgot to bring diapers with me, so I had him go commando under his shorts. BUT, I told him that he HAD to tell me when pee pee was coming cuz if he wet his pants, we'd have to go home and no more park.

I kept asking if he needed to go...no no no. So we walked quite a ways down to the river, played in the sand/water and started walking back when he told me he had to pee. Down came his shorts and I had him pee in the grass. SUCCESS!! Plus, he thought it was fun to pee in the grass like the dogs. HA HA HA.

Today, I decided to test my theory on his motivation to be at a park and not wet his pants. Our regularly scheduled playgroup was meeting at a park, so I put D in underwear (Mickey Mouse if you wanted to know) and again reminded him that if he had to pee to come tell me. That if he wet his pants, we'd have to go home and no park. Once again, lots of "do you have to potty?" questions and lots of "no" answers. Finally, I had to go, so I dragged D into the bathroom. SUCCESS again!! He went. Kept his underwear dry for 4 hours today until nap time when I put a diaper on him.

This afternoon, we'll be pool side in the backyard, so I'll just have him in his bathing suit. We'll see what success I have.

I'm excited!! This may work!! I'm off to the park again tomorrow morning to see if this will get him to potty train!!

No comments:

Post a Comment