Monday, March 3, 2008

FOMS

I have a terrible case of FOMS. What is FOMS you ask? Fear of Missing Something. There are times when my FOMS is so strong that I must forgo "normal" everyday tasks in order to talk, text or message friends. I just like knowing what is happening. It's so bad that I borrowed DVD's from a friend so I can be in the "know" when they talk about a certain show. Which by the way is really really good!! I digress.....

I just hate being anywhere with a group of friends and have a smaller group breaks off into their own conversations. I wonder what they're talking about. I check their body language, catch snippets of their conversation, but most of the time I'll wander from one group to another so I can get "caught" up on what I missed.

I have friends that also have FOMS. It must be contagious. I don't recall having FOMS before - it wasn't until they stated that they have the disease that I looked at my own life and realized that I have it to. I wonder if there is an online test to determine the extent of the disease b/c you know that you can dx anything on the internet these days.

I may need a FOMS support group, but then the problem with that is I would need to be there all of the time b/c if I'm not, then I'm afraid that I may miss something important.

hmmmm - it's a dilemma. I'll be sure to be reading everyone's blogs, texts and emails regularly or I may miss something good.

2 comments:

  1. I think I suffer from it as well... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW I'm almost always OOTL (out of the loop). It used to bother me a lot ... now, I've come to accept it ... well, most of the time.

    Now, if I could remember IF I locked the car door, I'd be all set!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete