Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's so green!

After picking my sister up from the airport yesterday, it was still early enough in the afternoon that I decided to take her to see the Fall's....yes all of them off of Hwy 84. It's the "tourist" thing to do when people come here from out of town.

First, my sister, who flew in from freezing Chicago, is LOVING the warm weather and clear blue skies. I heard about a million "I can't believe how fabulous this weather is" statements. It's OK thought b/c I tend to brag to my Chicagoans about our fabulous warmer weather we have this early in the year. BTW - they get me back around May when it's in the 70's there and we're still suffering in the 50's/60's.

So, we make it out to Multnomah Falls and my sister is in awe. Yes, it is a very pretty falls to go see. Well, as we're walking up to the falls my sister cannot believe how green everything is. Green grass, green moss, green tree's....etc. She comments on all the greenery. See, in Chicago this time of year, everything is brown. The grass is still dead/dormant (aka brown), no leaves on any tree's and barely any evergreen type tree's...so it's a lot of brown. Plus, the sun rarely shines. So all the green around here is a breath of fresh air and "life" to those who suffer in brown.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great beginning to a fun visit with your sister. Can't wait to hear how the shopping experience went.

    ReplyDelete