Monday, June 30, 2008

Hair Boogies

There is nothing like starting the day out covered in hairy boogers. Oh, you don't know what I'm talking about, well, let me explain.

I took D for a haircut. He cries during a haircut.

No, I take that back, he doesn't just cry, he throws a complete fit. Screaming, crying, pure terror ensues. And, for everyone who has encountered my son when he cries - well, every hole on his face leaks a fluid. We have tears, not just small regular tears, nope, D has to go BIG with GIANT tears. We also have boogers. Not just a standard amount of boogers flow from his nose, it's a running fountain. Then finally, we have drool. My son drools all the time anyways (and he's 3 YEARS old), but when he cries....you could wash a car with it.

When entering the Super Cuts place today, D immediately starts to cry. So, I immediately request a towel. The kind girl directs me to the box of kleenex. Yea, that just isn't going to cut it. After grabbing 5-6 tissues, she sees the problem and grabs me a towel. Mayhem continues for the next 20 min. while D gets his hair cut. Meanwhile, the shirt I'm wearing has been wiped with boogers, then the hair starts sticking to it. LOVELY! Smart mommy that I am, I brought a clean shirt to change into when all is finished. YIPPEE!!

Well, the cut is very cute and my little boy is back. 3 months from now, I'll be retelling this story cuz it'll be time for another haircut.

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'm sooooo not looking forward to our next haircut ... and it's coming soon (can you hear the spooky music? oh no, wait ... that's me trying to hummmm through Nick's screaming/crying).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! I found your blog finally!

    What a nice thing to look forward to! This makes my pee scenario sound pretty tame!

    ReplyDelete