Wednesday, May 4, 2011

365 Everyday Awesome

I have a lofty goal ahead of me...  Yesterday morning I was watching the Today Show and there was a guy on there who had written a book made from his blog.  His blog (http://1000awesomethings.com/) was about the everyday awesome things that happen.  We all have awesome days which we will remember forever:  graduation, birth of a baby, wedding...etc., but these days only account for 5-10 days out of our entire life.   What about those little awesome things that happen daily?  Catching all the green lights on your way to work, a stranger holding the door open for you, or the cool crispness of fresh sheets. It's these awesome things that we should also recognize and celebrate the simple pleasures of everyday living.

So, for the next 365 days, I'm going to try posting at least 1 awesome thing that I can think of or that happened during the day because it's the tiny things make a great big difference.

I hope that my readers will include some of their little AWESOME moments from your day....that would be AWESOME!

Day 1 - Seeing bird eggs in a nest
After school today, D and I were over at a friends house.  While the kids were playing, Christine and I were just chatting and she showed me a birds nest that had been built on her back porch.  I asked if she had gone up there to see if there were eggs, no she hadn't.  She quickly got a chair and peeked inside.  Sure enough, there were two small blue eggs.  Enjoy!
 

2 comments:

  1. Cool photo. And yes, I would agree, this is amazing in it's simplicity. How many kids ever see a bird's nest OR eggs anymore, unless they're animated?! Good first post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, those little eggs are the most precious! :)

    ReplyDelete