Monday, May 30, 2011

Dirty Talk

I LOVE to garden, to get dirty, the mindless energy.  I love the feel of the dirt, the smell, the picking out of flowers, veggies and herbs.   I love seeing the beauty of the flowers as they mature and reaping the rewards of the edibles planted. 

Living in an apartment, I don't get the luxury of having a garden, instead I'm learning a new way to garden - container gardening.  Since I was burned out on cleaning the inside of my house,  I decided to get outside and get dirty.   After getting back from the store with the dirt and plants, I took off my shoes and started planting.  I have planted an herb container, tomato plant, strawberries and flowers!   I'm so very excited.  If I had the funds, my patio would be one HUGE flower/veggie garden of container plants, but I don't so I'm settling with containers I had + one I bought today.  For less than $30, I made a small piece of wonderful in my backyard.  I'm going to search garage sales and thrift stores for more planters and plant stands because we have slugs out here and they'll infest my planters soon.  I hope that this summer brings us warm weather (last year was horrible), so that I can enjoy what I've created. 

Off to wash the dirt out from between my toes, under my nails and where ever else it landed and, for now, I will be content in my accomplishments this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment