Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Sound of Music - Day 7

Day 7 - Watching an elementary school performance.  
No everyone will agree with my choice, but as a former elementary teacher, I rather enjoy watching those kids perform.  Also, I have a minor in Children's Theater, so that helps as well.  Yesterday, I got to watch not 1 but 2 elementary performances.  The first was an "Informance" at D's school.  Just his Kindergarten class sang and danced.   LOVED IT!!  D was so nervous yesterday morning, but then I just said that it's OK to be nervous and when it happens he just needs to look at Mommy or Daddy.   Then, last night, C's 1st grade class had a performance.  She has been singing the songs for a couple of weeks, so it was nice to finally hear them from a group.   It's so wonderful that our kids get to experience performing, I feel that it's a great self esteem booster.  I love looking at the kids and seeing the kids who are putting their whole heart and soul into the song - mouths open wide, voices clearly heard and movements almost exaggerated.  Then there are the kids who just stand there almost shell shocked for a while - then they forget that they are standing before an audience and they start singing.  These performances may make your ears bleed from off key singing and they are not choreographed like a Broadway version of CATS, but I find them fun and heartwarming to watch. 

1 comment:

  1. I love them too.. I love watching the kids that are all into it and doing the arm motions and facial expressions, plus they are just too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete