Monday, May 23, 2011

Stanley's return

Once again my teacher friend in WI has sent me a Flat Stanley from one of her 3rd grade students.  I got one last year and he had a busy busy time, Hazel Dell parade, Mt. St. Helens, the Columbia River, and a trip to Florida - where, unfortunately, I lost him!!  He was sent back to the school (thank goodness) and I sent the girl a whole report of his adventures and history of the area, but I'm not up to doing the same things again.  D probably won't want to head up to Mt. St. Helens again and I kinda just want to stay in the area. 

So, where to this year?  I'm not going anywhere on vacation until July, so....help!  My Couve/Portland friends - where should I take FS?  I was thinking the falls, Lewis and Clark area's...then where?   I take FS with me and take pictures of his "adventure".  I know that the students get a huge kick out of the photo's and info of where FS has been. 

1 comment:

  1. Well I took my flat neice to Mexico. You really can't compete with that :)
    I think most of the fun is that they like to think they really WERE here with you - the location is secondary.

    ReplyDelete