Monday, February 18, 2008

Find me a home, quick!!

While I know that I'm one of the oldest among my friends, but I really thought that forgetting EVERYTHING would happen years and years from now. So, my friends, it's time to find me a "home" that will accept a 38yo with alzheimers and a 2.5yo. Yes, I must take D with me to this new home.

So, here is my story of forgetting everything. In the span of 4 days, I have forgotten 2 vet appointments AND my wallet. I scheduled Dakota's yearly vaccinations for late afternoon on Valentines Day - 4:15 to be exact. Totally forgot about it. Not because I had BIG VD plans, in fact, at that very moment I was dropping off cake books to a friend for her to look through. UGH! So I rescheduled for the next day. I didn't forget this appt and manged to remember to schedule Oreo to get a vaccination so I can board her in 2 weeks. I was very diligent and wrote down the appt. in my calendar. The Vet asked if I wanted a reminder card "NOOOOO!" I replied. "I have it written down right here in my 'bible', 3:15 Monday."

Uh-huh. All weekend long, I kept saying "Oreo has a vet appt. 3:30 on Monday". I'm actually 1-2 min early to the vet today and extremely proud. Only to hear, "Oh, you're here!"
"yep" I reply "3:30 on the nose."
"well" the receptionist replies "your appt was scheduled at 3:15"
"really?"
"yes, we don't schedule appts on the 1/2 hours"

So I dig in my purse to find my 'bible' and turn bright red with shame. In bold lettering on the date Feb. 18, it states Oreo 3:15. UGH!!!

2 times in less than 1 week I've forgotten a vet appt. No problems though, they give her the vaccine and we're ready to go.

EXCEPT!!!

As I reach into my purse for my wallet....no wallet....none. I find a change purse, pack of gum, various receipts, and several tubes of Carmex. DOH! I took my wallet out of my purse this morning and put it into my gym bag when I went to workout. I apologize profusely and state that I'll be right back. Thank goodness that the vet is just down the street.

I load Oreo into the car and head off towards home. In the mean time, I think - GREAT, now I can stop by the grocery store on my way home (for the 2nd time) and get something for dinner. I drop Oreo off, grab my wallet and head back to the vet. I pay the vet and get into my car and head home.

DOH!! I get all the way to my subdivision entrance when I remember that I was going to run into the grocery store to find something for dinner. UGH!! I give up.

I'm just going to find a cave and go live in it. However, I will probably forget what I'm looking for when I get to where ever caves may be found. So, if you don't see a blog from me in a while, it's b/c I've forgotten that I've started one.

BTW - we had McD's for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Hey crazy lady, it was farther for you to drive to McDonald's for your dinner, than to just go back to the Safeway. But you probably forgot that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL -- the whole time I'm reading this, all I kept thinking was ... "What did they have for dinner?" (which, of course, you answered at the very end--thank you)

    p.s. I'll let you know how the cave hunt goes.

    ReplyDelete