Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The modern conveniences

What would life be like without all the gadgets and conveniences we have now? Could I actually cope in the "real world"? I doubt it.

First, cell phone. OMG!! Even the quick drive to the grocery store would feel like it was hours if I didn't have my cell phone to talk to SOMEONE while driving. I couldn't imagine not being able to call someone up and immediately tell them what was on my mind rather than thinking "ok, I've got to remember to call so-and-so to RSVP". I'd always be "that person" who shows up to gatherings when I actually didn't RSVP.

N - I don't know how you survive not having a cell phone!! However, I do think that it's time you move into the year 2008.

Online bill pay! Absolutely love the fact I can pay everything from my computer! No writing checks then addressing envelopes to have them sit on the desk for weeks b/c you can't find or remember to buy stamps. I haven't had a late payment for ANYTHING since we've started paying online.

Microwaves. I'd starve. Maybe that would be a good thing b/c I'd not want to cook things to eat the "old fashioned" way. I couldn't even tell you how to reheat anything via stovetop. Plus, reheating in the microwave saves sooo much time. Maybe I'm eating less b/c of microwaves. I guess that if I had to reheat food via stovetop, I'd be more inclined to snack during that process.

Now, the only thing that I'm really missing in my life is the POOF button. The POOF button will allow you to press it and your "wish" will come true. "I want a clean house" POOF - you're house is clean. The POOF button will also allow you to travel from one place to another - like Star Trek. Beam me up Scotty. No need to worry that you're running late - you can leave at 7:59am for your 8am meeting across town or even across the country. hmmmmmm - oh to dream.

3 comments:

  1. Oh!!! I want the POOF button. I would like to *POOF* no more dirty diapers. *POOF* annoying little colds away. *POOF* myself to the beach for my 5 minutes of "Mommy" time.

    *POOF* ... dream's over. Thanks for the break :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to shock you, but I also do not own an MP3 player or any sort.

    Also, we don't have caller ID on our home line.

    But we DO rank among the millions of online bill-payers, and I agree, it's pure brilliance.

    You'll love this one though: I have a sister who doesn't have a debit card. She writes checks. So I'm not the *MOST* behind-the-times person I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really need to get hooked up with on-line bill paying. Really. I'm just too lazy to do it.

    I also do not have caller ID or call waiting or any of those fancy phone things. It rings, I pick it up and say hello. :)

    I'm so with you on the microwave though! :)

    ReplyDelete