Sunday, February 17, 2008

Potty woe's

You'd think that this was going to be a blog about the woe's of potty training, nope, you are wrong. This is big people potty woe's. The kind that only a man can create.

We've had plans to remodel the downstairs bathroom for months and months, but the affordability has been the issue. Tell that to M. 2 weeks ago, he decided to rip out the vanity. So we haven't had a sink in the bathroom for weeks and I can't tell you how many times I've been stranded w/out any TP. I've had to waddle to the closet across from the bathroom to grab a new roll. I've now become accustom to checking the roll status prior to using the facilities. I've asked repeatedly for him to work on the bathroom, only to land on deaf ears. M hasn't even ordered the new vanity - which takes 3-4 weeks to arrive.

This afternoon, M started to rip out the floor. Easier said than done. The builder stapled particle board on top of the sub floor. We need to rip out the particle board in order to lay the wood floor and have it be the same height as the rest of the house. Not only is this floor a particle board, but it's stapled into the sub floor every 3 inches!! OMG!!

After a couple of hours of pounding on a crowbar, and my head pounding and ears ringing, M has about 1/2 of the floor up and many blisters on his hands. "I'm done for the day" he announced! WHAT!!??? I still only have a toilet in the room (it does work, so thank God for small miracles), but now 1/2 the floor is ripped out. Now please realize, it's Sunday. M will probably not work on this bathroom again until next Sunday - depending on skiing conditions.

ALSO, I have my sister and mom coming to visit in 2.5 weeks!! I'd like the bathroom to, well, look decent.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you've been left stranded. Maybe you could put a BIG plant where the sink was, lay a big grass mat across the floor, hang up some black lights and tell everyone that you're experimenting with a new jungle motife (just kidding). I'll keep good thoughts that either Ty Pennington & the Extreme Makeover team OR "M" come through in time for you.

    ReplyDelete