Friday, February 15, 2008

You are not allowed to turn 3!!

I've made an executive decision, D is not allowed to turn 3. Nope, not allowing this to happen. In the past few days I've heard from a few friends that their children have completely changed (not for the greater good) the DAY of their 3rd birthday.

We all know that 3 is the new 2, just as 40 is the new 30. As one approaching 40, I'm not so sure about this....anyways, I have decided that 2.5yo is hard enough, and if D is going to change dramatically on his 3rd birthday, well, he just can't turn 3. We have enough tantrums and drama in the house already, I really don't want these to increase in volume or frequency.

Perhaps there is a POOF button to skip over those times. Or, maybe a commune I can send him to. In the mean time, I'll just drop him off on the doorsteps of my friends houses, ring the doorbell and RUN!! You can find me at the nearest bar having some liquid refreshments. Oh, don't worry, I'll return....eventually.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Momma Tina! Do you have a barstool reserved somewhere tonight? I myself am rewarding myself for my own sh1teous day by drinking with friends tonight. No tic tacs!

    Hopefully you'll have such fears of the 3yo David that he'll prove to be much more pleasant than expected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had thought about dropping D on my doorstep, ringing the bell and running .... just keep in mind .... I WON'T be answering the door. HOWEVER, when you get to the bar, look to your left. That'll be ME sitting on the bar stool next to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And looking to the right....that will be me. :)

    Remind me again why we only have MNO one time a month? I think EVERY Friday night should be MNO.

    ReplyDelete